Private Douro Valley day tour
with wine tasting at a wine estate
Duration: 9 Hours
Having been classified by UNESCO as a World Heritage Site and often considered the best wine region in the world, the Alto Douro Vinhateiro, more than a breathtaking landscape, is a history. The wine production in this region dates back to the Roman Empire and this tradition has survived until now, producing now the famous wines of Porto and Douro. Taking a trip to this region is to take a cultural trip, accompanying the whole process of wine, which is intrinsically part of what it means to be Portuguese. We invite you to spend a day dazzling a unique and divine Valley, visiting one of the famous farms where the wine is produced, accompanying the best part of the course of the river Douro.
INCLUDED IN THE TOUR
– Includes private transportation in premium tourist vehicle;
– Guided tour with Local Guide;
– Visit and wine tasting at a wine estate
– Free Wifi
NOT INCLUDED IN THE TOUR
– Monument entrances
– Personal expenses
– Up to 96 hours – no charge
– Up to 24 hours – 50% penalty
– After 24 hours – 100% penalty
09H00 – Pick up at your hotel
– Departure from the Hotel towards the city of Amarante.
– Panoramic visit to the historic center of Amarante and the marginal zone.
– Visit to the village of Pinhão and a Port wine farm, with wine tasting included
– Free time for lunch.
– Departure towards the Peso da Régua.
– Panoramic city tour and visit to the famous Régua Train Station
18H00 – Arrival at the Hotel.