Douro Valley day tour with wine tasting
Having been classified by UNESCO as a World Heritage Site and often considered the best wine region in the world, the Alto Douro Vinhateiro, more than a breathtaking landscape, is a history. The wine production in this region dates back to the Roman Empire and this tradition has survived until now, producing now the famous wines of Porto and Douro. Taking a trip to this region is to take a cultural trip, accompanying the whole process of wine, which is intrinsically part of what it means to be Portuguese. We invite you to spend a day dazzling a unique and divine Valley, visiting one of the famous farms where the wine is produced, accompanying the best part of the course of the river Douro.
09H00 – Pick up at your hotel
- Departure from the Hotel towards the city of Amarante.
- Panoramic visit to the historic center of Amarante and the marginal zone.
- Visit to the village of Pinhão and a Port wine farm, with wine tasting included.
- Free time for lunch.
- Departure towards the Peso da Régua.
- Panoramic city tour and visit to the famous Régua Train Station
18H00 – Arrival at the Hotel.
Included in this tour
- Includes transportation in premium tourist vehicle;
- Guided tour with Local Guide;
- Visit and wine tasting at a wine estate.
Note: Meals and monuments entrances are not included.
- Up to 96 hours – no charge
- Up to 24 hours – 50% penalty
- After 24 hours – 100% penalty